NOTES: Overseas tours are open to all Bom Funk students. Students interested in performing overseas should be attending at least 2 dance classes/week excluding tour rehearsals. Students must have some performance experience & may be required to audition. Age groups allowed depend on Disney & other performance rules in each country. Usually students must be older than 6 years to perform at these places. Students who wish to travel unaccompanied must arrange a chaperone with another family/responsible adult.
In 2013, Bom Funk Dance Studio embarked on its first overseas tour travelling to the United States of America. Students performed at Disneyland, Universal Studios and on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles and attended workshops at some of the best Dance studios in America.
In 2016, the studio took J Squad, Australia to Hong Kong where they performed at Hong Kong Disneyland, Ocean Park, Stanley Markets and a flash mob on Victoria Harbour. Students also attend workshops and a private backstage tour of International Dance show, House of Dancing Water in Macau. On all accounts, for all those who attended, it was a trip of a lifetime.
This success of these tours have started a Bom Funk tradition to travel overseas every 2 or 3 years (allowing time to save and fundraise in between).
Benefits for a dancer to attend overseas tours:
- Working as part of a team to create a show specifically for you
- Performance experience in an exciting International city
- Experience dance in a professional setting boasting confidence and performance skills
- Opportunity to watch world-class performers on stages
- Opportunity to take workshops or classes
- Exposure to the International Dance Industry
- A chance to travel overseas with friends and family
- A chance to network internationally
- Cultural & sightseeing experience
- International exposure for yourself, your crew & our studio
- Opportunity to represent NSW/ACT & Australia in Dance
- Develop a better understanding of the world around us
- BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN!
Fundraising for J Squad, Australia
The 2017 | 2018 Entertainment™ Membership
If you haven't already purchased a new 2015 | 2016 Entertainment™ Membership, now is the time to do so. Plus, 20% of every Membership we sell contributes towards Bom Funk's Hong Kong tour!
For just $60, you will receive over $20,000 worth of valuable offers in the new 2017 | 2018 Canberra Entertainment™ Membership!
Use just a few of the hundreds of 50% off and 2-for-1 offers, and you'll more than cover the cost.
The more Entertainment™ Memberships we sell, the more we raise, so please spread the word to your family and friends!